All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR and UK Data Protection Act 2018.
2.1 The GDPR Owner is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to The Forshaw Group collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees/Staff of The Forshaw Group who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
The Forshaw Group was founded in 1948, with its headquarters in Liverpool City Centre. A successful expansion programme has seen the opening of an additional four offices spread across the north-west and into north Wales. With a steady turnover maintained recently has come investment in the latest online technologies and service facilities to ensure a comprehensive, professional and customer-focussed claims management service.
Our GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Glen Simpson Glen.Simpson@theforshawgroup.com
- 0844 880 6767
The personal data we would like to collect from/process on you is:
|Personal data type:||Source (where The Forshaw Group obtained the personal data from if it has not been collected directly from you, the data subject. Note if the personal data has been accessed from publicly accessible sources):|
|Contact details||Web contact form/Telephone|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Claims Management
- Facilitation of contracts with customer
Our legal bases for processing for the personal data include:
- Subject gives consent for one or more specific purposes
- Processing necessary to meet contractual obligations with data subject
- Processing necessary to protect vital interests of data subject
- Processing for the purposes of legitimate interest pursued by controller
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for The Forshaw Group to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting the GDPR owner at The Forshaw Group.
The Forshaw Group will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
3.4 Retention period
The Forshaw Group will process personal data for no longer than 12 months from the satisfaction of the contract and will store the personal data securely on their premises.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that The Forshaw Group refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by The Forshaw Group (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and The Forshaw Group’s GDPR Owner.
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details||[Data Protection Officer (DPO)] /
[GDPR Owner] contact details
|Contact Name:||Information Commissioner’s Office||Glen Simpson|
|Address line 1:||Wycliffe House||The Forshaw Group|
|Address line 2:||Water Lane||Stockpit Road|
|Address line 3:||Wilmslow||Knowsley|
|Address line 4:||Cheshire||Merseyside|
|Address line 5:||SK9 5AF||L33 7TQ|
|Telephone:||0303 123 1113||0151 708 9624|
Document Owner and Approval
The GDPR Owner is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the GDPR.
Change History Record
|Issue||Description of Change||Approval||Date of Issue|
|1||Initial issue||Liam Hanlon||16/09/18|